Manassas Fire Sparked By Improperly Discarded Wood Chips

  • Source: Manassas Patch
  • Published: 06/23/2022 12:00 AM

A house fire in Manassas displaced five people on Wednesday morning, according to the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue. Authorities said the fire was caused by improperly disposed wood chips from a smoker device. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, according to the fire department. The county's building official declared the home unsafe to occupy. The residents, two adults and three children, received assistance from the American Red Cross. The fire broke out around 1 a.m. on Wednesday morning at a house in the 9000 block of Mineola Court in Manassas. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they saw a fire reaching from the rear of the home to the attic. The fire marshal's office warned residents about the dangers of the improper disposal of smoking materials.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe