Dryer fire renders Yakima home unlivable

  • Source: Yakima Herald-Republic
  • Published: 12/05/2018 03:58 PM

A family is without a home after a dryer fire Wednesday rendered their house unlivable. Yakima firefighters responded about 10:40 a.m. to a structure fire at 514 N. 22nd Ave. The first crew to arrive found the residents evacuating and saw smoke coming from the home, according to a Yakima Fire Department news release. Firefighters found the smoke was coming from the dryer vent in the crawl space. The inside of the dryer vent piping caught fire before crews could contain it and spread through the crawl space under the home from the utility room to a bedroom before crews were able to contain the fire, the release said. Investigators said the fire was caused by a plugged dryer vent. The fire spread under the house and its subfloor and caused smoke damage inside the home, with total damage estimated at $20,000.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe