Firefighters rescue man, dog from house fire Monday night in Kelso

  • Source: Longview Daily News
  • Published: 12/18/2018 05:33 PM

Firefighters rescued a man and his dog from a house fire in the 300 block of Northwest Second Avenue in Kelso Monday night. Crews from Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue and the Longview Fire Department responded to the one-story house around 9 p.m. Neighbors and police officers reported that there was still a man inside, according to a press release. The firefighters extinguished the fire and rescued the man from a bedroom window within five minutes. They found the man’s dog Blue in another room of the house, according to Cowlitz 2. The man was brought to PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center for smoke inhalation and burns and later sent to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. Blue was given oxygen outside the home by firefighters. A neighbor brought the dog to a local emergency veterinarian.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe