Occupants Escape East Wenatchee House Fire

  • Source: KPQ-AM 560
  • Published: 12/26/2018 09:08 PM

A double wide manufactured home near 4th Street SE and Kentucky in East Wenatchee was badly damaged in a fire Wednesday morning. Cam Phillips, Assistant Chief for Douglas County Fire District #2 said the manufactured home had no working smoke detectors and one of the occupants was awakened by the heat generated by the fire “So they were very fortunate. Had this been two o’clock in the morning and they were sleeping a little deeper, might have been a different story” Phillips said a neighbor mentioned their home also lacked smoke detectors so firefighters planned to return to the neighborhood with smoke detectors and go door to door and install them “we are going to target this neighborhood and make sure that everyone is being protected while they sleep with smoke detectors”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe