Guide Meridian resident re-enters burning house to rescue ferrets

  • Source: Bellingham Herald
  • Published: 11/07/2018 10:41 AM

A resident in a Guide Meridian home north of Bellingham suffered minor smoke inhalation Wednesday morning when they ran back into their burning home to rescue some ferrets. Two fire engines from North Whatcom Fire and Rescue and one each from the Lynden Fire Department and Whatcom County Fire District 7 responded at 7:24 a.m. to a structure fire at 5731 Guide Meridian — a two story residential home just north of Axton Road. Crews arrived to find a front interior room involved with fire, North Whatcom Fire Chief William Pernett told The Bellingham Herald Wednesday in an email, with flames extending out a window and up into the eaves of the home. “Fire crews aggressively fought the fire from inside the home,” Pernett told The Herald.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe