‘I owe him my life’ Dog saves sleeping owner from SeaTac house fire

  • Source: KCPQ-TV FOX 13
  • Published: 11/08/2018 02:21 PM

A Washington man is thankful that his dog saved his life after their home caught fire in the middle of the night. Casey is being credited with alerting his owner to a fire inside their house early Thursday morning in SeaTac. The dog's owner, John Corey, says he was asleep around 3:00 a.m. when Casey jumped up on him to wake him up. "I got up, went out and looked, saw where the microwave used to be was on fire!" John said. "So me and the dog got out, went next door and called the fire department." Both Casey and his owner escaped the house fire without any injuries. But the house was heavily damaged and had to be boarded up.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe