Propane explosion, fire in Sequim trailer injures man

  • Source: Sequim Gazette
  • Published: 10/17/2018 01:41 AM

A male resident was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after suffering burns from an explosion and fire inside a trailer in Sequim at about 2:25 p.m. today, Tuesday, Oct. 16. Clallam County Fire District 3 personnel reported to a call of a propane explosion in an 18-foot travel trailer on the 800 block of West Hendrickson Road. The first arriving crew said one male inside of the trailer when the explosion occurred was suffering from blistering and his skin sloughing off his hands and head. A flash fire started light fuels inside the trailer and when crews arrived the nearby trees started to burn. The man was transported to the Sequim Emergency Helispot where Airlift Northwest took him to Seattle; an initial fire district report did not indicate the condition of the injured man. Firefighters extinguished the trailer fire in surrounding vegetation.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe