Spokane Valley firefighters extinguish Porta-Potty fire at elementary school

  • Source: KXLY-TV ABC 4
  • Published: 10/21/2018 09:19 PM

Spokane Valley Firefighters responded to a commercial structure fire at Trentwood Elementary School just after 4 pm on Sunday. Initial calls to dispatch reported a portable building on fire. This information combined with black smoke seen from Trent and Sullivan prompted a full commercial fire response. Upon arrival, the first arriving engine quickly extinguished a fully involved plastic portable bathroom, and assigned other units to check the school building for interior involvement. When it was confirmed there was no fire extension into the school building itself, the remaining responding units were canceled. The damage to the school was limited to the exterior wall, and Trentwood Principal Barbara Cruse said “School will be in session tomorrow”.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe