A fire destroyed a detached garage in the 1900 block of Rice Road in Chehalis Wednesday evening.
Nobody was injured, but the structure — a 15-foot by 30-foot building — and its contents were deemed a total loss, according to a press release from Lewis County Fire District 6.
Crews rolled onto the scene at around 7:30 p.m. to find the fire blazing with potential to damage nearby buildings. Firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 15 minutes.
There was no damage to nearby structures, and the total value of what was destroyed hadn’t yet been tallied Thursday.