Cheney apartment fire damages two residents, displaces residents

  • Source: Spokane Spokesman-Review
  • Published: 01/06/2019 03:58 PM

Residents of an apartment complex in Cheney were displaced after the wall between two units caught fire Sunday afternoon. Aaron Bollar, a battalion chief at the Cheney Fire Department, said the fire damaged two units on the second floor of an apartment complex at 1312 First Street in Cheney. When the fire started, only one of the units was occupied, and the residents tried to use a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze. Bollar said everyone got out of the building safely, but the residents of the apartment will not be able to return to their unit tonight due to electrical damage. Bollar said once the department is able to make contact with the complex’s landlord, he hopes they’ll be able to move the residents to a different apartment.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe