Passers-by alert officials to kitchen, attic fire in Vancouver

  • Source: Vancouver Columbian
  • Published: 01/10/2019 07:04 PM

A Thursday afternoon blaze in the kitchen and attic of a duplex unit in the Hough neighborhood damaged the residence and likely displaced the residents. Vancouver firefighters were called about 3:45 p.m. to 1204 W. McLoughlin Blvd. after a group of people driving by said they noticed smoke coming from the residence. They stopped to call 911 and knocked on the door, but no one was home at the time. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the building’s attic, Vancouver Fire Department spokesman Joe Spatz said. “They went inside and found a small fire in the kitchen that they put out, and then they checked the attic,” Spatz said. The firefighters found another small fire in the home’s attic space and put it out as well.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe