A Selah home sustained major damage in a fire that broke out early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out on the 2200 block of North Wenas Road before at 3:17 a.m., and witnesses saw flames coming from the front half of the home.
Firefighters from Selah, Gleed, and Yakima fire departments arrived at the scene as the front half of the house was engulfed.
Firefighters had containment on the fire within thirty minutes, but stayed on scene throughout the morning to take out hot spots. The residents and their pet dog were woken up by the smoke detector, and were able to escape safely. Firefighters tell us there were no injuries.