Sunshine Motel Fire in Yakima Leaves Many Without a Place to Live

  • Source: KIT 1280-AM & 99.3-FM
  • Published: 06/18/2019 05:37 AM

More than a dozen units of the Sunshine Motel on North First Street were damaged in a fire Monday leaving more than 25 people without a place to stay. As a result the American Red Cross opened a shelter at the Summitview Church of Christ on North 72nd Avenue on Monday morning. Firefighters were called to the motel at about 6:00 a.m. and found the fire in a storage area of the motel. No one was hospitalized but one person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. The investigation into the fire continues.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe