Spokane Fire Department responded to a fire in the 5000 block of North Stevens, arriving to a garage engulfed in flames and smoke.
Crews from Fire District 9 showed up to assist, and the personnel noted that the fire was threatening to spread to the house nearby, which was evacuated as a safety measure.
According to the Fire Department, the fire also damaged power lines above the garage, which temporarily shut down power to the house. Fire crews eventually put out the flames, with no further damage to the house, though the garage was a total loss, as well as a car parked next to it.
Avista also responded to the scene and repaired the power lines.