No one was hurt when a Spokane Valley apartment complex caught fire Saturday night, though one dog was killed.
The first crews to respond found flames on the first, second and third floors an apartment complex at 210 S. Farr Road around 7:15 p.m.
Crews upgraded the fire to a second alarm, bringing in more personnel and equipment to help fight the flames.
A ladder crew cut a hole in the roof while other crews attacked the flames from the outside. Meanwhile, firefighters searched all three floors of the complex to make sure no one was trapped inside. All people got out safe but one dog was trapped inside.
Two residents were treated for smoke inhalation.
Six apartment units on the second and third floors were damaged by the fire.