Citizen walks into Franklin County fire station, reports motor home fire

  • Source: YakTriNews
  • Published: 11/04/2019 02:37 PM

Franklin County firefighters quickly put out a motor home fire Monday afternoon, but they found out in an unusual way. Shortly before 12:00 p.m., a fire ignited on Roberta Road near Road 36. Before dispatchers got ahold of the fire department, someone walked into their fire station and told them a motor home was on fire. Firefighters rushed to the home about a half-mile away as the dispatch center asked them to respond. The motor home was a complete loss. The fire was confined to that area. No one was injured. According to Chief Mike Harris with Franklin County Fire District #3, the fire was an accident. He said the homeowners were boiling chicken in a propane heated pot. It knocked over and it ignited some nearby brush.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe