Fire incinerates Waterville storage building causing $150,000 in damage

  • Source: iFiberOne
  • Published: 11/04/2019 11:46 AM

A newly constructed garage on Miracle Rd. was incinerated Saturday night near Waterville on Badger Mountain. Orondo firefighters say the fire was reported just before 9p.m. The owner had been working in the garage, went home and when he returned, he found it fully engulfed. Firefighters suspect that a wood stove that was being used to heat the building caused the blaze. Chelan County Fire District 3 Chief Jim Oatey says the garage stored six snowmobiles, tools and other general storage items. The fire caused about $150,000 of damage. There were no reported injuries.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe