A grieving family from Spanaway says they want to send out a warning against vaping and the use of e-cigarettes after they believe their grandson died from vaping.
Hadynn Outcalt-Arends, 23, recently died while honeymooning in Oregon.
At this point, the family is still waiting for autopsy results to see what the exact cause of death was, but the family believes they already know.
“We just really want there to be public awareness that there can be danger in this,” said Robin Hurt, Outcalt-Arends' grandmother. “But in our case, it’s more than danger. It is a loss of a life.”
Hurt said she and husband Lew raised their grandson who recently got married and was honeymooning in Oregon. They said he had just been vaping when his wife noticed something was wrong.