A Soap Lake man has been fined $3,000 by the Washington Department of Ecology after repeated violations of outdoor burning rules, according to agency officials.
David E. Ewing was cited for an Aug. 4, 2019, incident after Grant County Fire District No. 7 responded to a report of an outdoor, unattended fire, in which Ewing was burning household garbage and furniture at his home at the 20400 block of Northeast Road B.5, according to a press release.
August was the fourth time that fire officials were called out to Ewing’s property for reports of illegal burning, and Ewing was issued an Air Quality Notice of Correction in 2007. Fire officials previously had reportedly given Ewing illegal burning educational materials, wrote Ryan Lancaster, Eastern Region communications manager for the Department of Ecology.