Overheated extension cord sparks blaze at south Seattle home; kids escape

  • Source: KOMO News 1000 AM and 97.7 FM Seattle
  • Published: 01/14/2020 12:00 AM

VIDEO: An overheated extension cord is being blamed for a fire that gutted a two-story home Monday in South Seattle, emergency officials said. Crews responded to the scene, in the 10000 block of Beacon Avenue South, at around 3:30 p.m. after receiving reports of smoke and flames billowing from a home there. The home was fully ablaze when firefighters arrived. Crews extinguished the flames, but the home sustained extensive damage in the blaze. The estimated loss is $300,000. No one was injured. A neighbor, Aaron Porcaro, said some children were home when the fire started, but the oldest child got all of the other kids out safely and began screaming for help.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe