South Hill bathroom fire injures firefighter, causes $25K in damages

  • Source: KXLY-TV ABC 4
  • Published: 01/19/2020 07:38 PM

The Spokane Fire Department (SFD) responded to a fire in a South Hill residence Saturday morning. According to SFD, the resident was returning home when he discovered a fire on the bathroom ceiling. The smoke alarms sounded, and when fire crews arrived, the resident and his dog had already escaped. Firefighters put out the flames within a few minutes, which caused an estimated $25,000 in damage, though they prevented a further $300,000 of damage with their efforts. The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical fault. A firefighter was injured in the response, and was transported to Sacred Heart, where he was treated and later released.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe