Kennewick firefighters rescue rabbit from house fire

  • Source: YakTriNews
  • Published: 03/01/2020 11:54 AM

Firefighters rushed to put out a fire at a home in Kennewick, saving a rabbit along the way. Around 1:00 a.m. Sunday, crews responded to the home near Arthur Place and Fifth Avenue. Flames could be seen coming from the house when they arrived. The homeowners were able to safely get out. Firefighters put out the fire and found out there was possibly a rabbit in the basement, according to the Kennewick Fire Department. Crews looked for the rabbit and got it out safely. It appears the fire started on the outside and significantly damaged the first floor. The second floor received a little bit of damage, the department said. No cause has been determined, but firefighters don’t believe it was intentional. The home is not habitable at this time.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe