Three people were injured when a propane tank exploded in an RV in Seattle Monday morning.
Dispatchers received multiple calls reporting explosions and flames around 7 a.m. inside an RV at 24th Ave SW and SW Myrtle Street, according to David Cuerpo with Seattle Fire.
"I heard loud popping sounds then I saw black smoke," said Rachel Jones who lives in a nearby apartment, adding there had been an accumulation of trash and items surrounding the RV.
Firefighters and medics arrived to find three people injured in the fire and they were rushed to Harborview Medical Center where a man and woman were listed in critical condition while the third victim, a man, was listed in serious condition, Cuerpo said.
A fourth person who lived inside the RV was not there at the time and was not hurt.
Officials said all the victims had been moving the RV around for about six months.