Spokane man 'trapped' in garage explosion caused by propane heater

  • Source: The Spokesman-Review - Metered Site
  • Published: 11/19/2020 12:00 AM

An accidental flash fire surrounded a man in his garage Tuesday morning, injuring two people. At 9:45 a.m. , firefighters responded to the residential fire in the 900 block of East 29th Avenue. The first company arrived within 4 minutes and found an extinguished fire in an attached garage. Two men had been doing some work in a very clean and organized attached garage, unaware gas cans were releasing vapor, Spokane fire chief Brian Schaeffer said. A propane heater in the garage ignited the vapors, causing a flash explosion, Schaeffer said. The men used two fire extinguishers nearby to put out the remaining flames after the explosion, Schaeffer said. “He was pretty well trapped inside there until they got the fire extinguishers,” Schaeffer said. Firefighters took the two injured victims from the garage, a news release said. Spokane Fire Department paramedics began treating their injuries, reported as minor, and transported the two to a local hospital. The two have been released, Schaeffer said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe