The Wenatchee Fire Department labeled Saturday’s Travelodge fire to be undetermined but noted that the outdoor area which caught fire is frequented by smokers.
The burned area outside of the hotel was next to a “fence” of Arborvitae, all of which can easily catch fire, Chelan County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Kay McKellar said. Around 10 rooms in the Travelodge hotel on Wenatchee Avenue were damaged by a fire Saturday afternoon.
Two of the rooms had direct burn damage and the other eight were affected by smoke from the fire, Chelan County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Kay McKellar said.
The Travelodge has a total of 48 rooms, according to Wenatchee Valley Chamber of Commerce records.