One Injured in Chehalis House Fire; Kerosene Heater Suspected to Be Cause

  • Source: Centralia Chronicle
  • Published: 10/11/2020 04:21 PM

A house fire that took off in downtown Chehalis Sunday afternoon completely destroyed the structure and injured one person, according to Chehalis Fire Chief Ted Hendershot. The fire was reported at approximately 12:45 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Sixth Street and Washington Avenue where multiple fire crews worked to extinguish the blaze. The fire is believed to have started from a kerosene heater and/or wood stove that were being used in the house. “The occupant had told Captain (Ted) McCarty that they were using a wood stove and a kerosene heater and he made the comment that he had been using the kerosene heater all day and turned his back, he heard something, and when he turned around the whole wall was ablaze,” Hendershot said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe