Fire guts home, kills dog in Basin City

  • Source: iFiber One News Radio
  • Published: 10/19/2020 02:13 PM

Fire officials say a malfunctioning electrical outlet in a living room caused a fire that demolished a one-story home in the middle of Basin City Sunday evening. Franklin County Fire District 4 Chief Steve Cooper says the double-wide manufactured home was situated off 2nd Avenue. Chief Cooper says the fire started at around 8:30 p.m. when the outlet caught fire and ignited the drapes. The home’s occupants tried extinguishing the flames with cans of water, but to no avail. Those living in the home fled as the blaze consumed the structure. The house fire set a neighboring RV alight and burned down an outbuilding. Chief Cooper says a dog died in the blaze. The house, RV, and outbuilding are total losses. There were no injuries. Franklin County Fire District’s 3 and 5 assisted.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe