A Pasco family is displaced after a fire damaged their home, and destroyed their garage and multiple vehicles Tuesday night.
A video taken by Kelly Poynor shows firefighters at work as flames were shooting out from the garage just before 9 p.m.
“Sounds like they have fireworks or something going on inside,” Poyner can be heard saying in the video. According to Pasco Police Department Sergeant Rigo Pruneda, the pops that could be heard were likely ammo that was being stored within the garage.
The family inside the home on the 4200 block of Minorca Lane in Pasco were fortunately able to escape uninjured. According to Pasco Fire Department Battalion Chief Dave Ferguson, one firefighter sustained a minor joint injury.