Clark-Cowlitz Fire Rescue saves three pets from Woodland home fire

  • Source: The Daily News
  • Published: 05/19/2022 10:12 AM

Fire crews rescued a dog, guinea pig and pet lizard Wednesday from a home fire officials say was started by cooking fried chicken. No one was injured. The fire was under control within five minutes after Clark-Cowlitz Fire Rescue arrived around 2:15 p.m. in the 700 block of Hoffman Street in Woodland, the department reports. The fire engulfed the home’s stovetop, kitchen cabinets and adjacent living room after a person stepped away from the kitchen while cooking fried chicken, fire crews report. The fire marshal says there were no working smoke alarms in the house. Another person, who left the burning building, later returned with a fire extinguisher to rescue the pets, but had to leave when the heat and smoke overwhelmed him.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe