One person taken to the hospital after a house fire near Fall Creek

  • Source: WEAU-TV 13 News
  • Published: 08/08/2016 05:43 PM

VIDEO: Crews say one person was taken to the hospital after a major house fire near Fall Creek. Firefighters were called to Dewitz Road, in the Town of Washington, before 3 p.m. on Monday. When they arrived, crews say the house was fully engulfed. The home is a total loss. Mark Porter, with Township Fire, said a lawnmower caught on fire. "A family member was actually refueling a lawnmower inside the garage when the lawnmower caught on fire. They then in turn threw the gas catch which spread the fire," said Mark Porter. That family member that was hurt was taken to a hospital and released. Crews had the fire contained around 5 p.m. The American Red Cross is helping the family of five affected by the fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe