200 employees evacuated from Full Compass in Madison

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison
  • Published: 08/11/2016 08:35 AM

Employees were evacuated from Full Compass during the investigation of a gas leak Thursday morning, according to the Madison Fire Department. Firefighters were called at 9:56 a.m. to the business at 9710 Silicon Prairie Parkway. An official said 200 people were evacuated from the building, and eight of them complained of feeling sick. Madison Gas and Electric was also called to the scene, along with paramedics and a hazmat team. Madison Fire Chief Lance Langer said the smell of leaking refrigerant chemicals caused the concern and there was no gas leak. Workers on the roof caused refrigerant to leak, but the issue was fixed by about 10:40 a.m. Once the people who felt sick were outside, they reported feeling OK, an official said. Employees returned to work Thursday morning. No one was taken from the scene for treatment, officials said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe