New fire alert system tested at Chippewa Valley Technical College

  • Source: Eau Claire Leader-Telegram
  • Published: 12/14/2016 02:14 AM

An Eau Claire apartment’s Christmas tree went up in flames midmorning on Tuesday. The tree, shrouded in twinkling red and white lights, had a small pile of boxes wrapped in festive paper nestled beneath its branches. There was a brown couch to the tree’s left, a window to its right. The flames licked their way up the tree’s dry pine needles before engulfing the ceiling and the living room’s surrounding features in a thick, dark smoke.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe