Fire in dehumidifier damages basement of Janesville business, officials say

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel Madison
  • Published: 11/13/2016 07:37 AM

A fire in a dehumidifier caused extensive damage to the basement of a business in Janesville Saturday morning, according to a release. Janesville firefighters were called to 3506 N. Highway 51 around 10:50 a.m. for reports of heavy smoke in the basement of a business, officials said. Firefighters could see light smoke coming from the exterior door and found heavy smoke in the basement, according to the release. Crews found and put out a small fire in a dehumidifier.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe