Garbage can fire causes evacuation of Fond du Lac High School

  • Source: WLUK TV Fox 11
  • Published: 11/16/2016 06:43 AM

Fond du Lac High School was evacuated for about an hour Tuesday afternoon because of a fire in a garbage can. Firefighters say they were called to the school around 1:50 p.m. for a report of a fire in a second-floor men's bathroom. The building was evacuated, and a staff member was able to put the fire out. The fire destroyed a plastic garbage container that was attached to the wall. Firefighters had to clear smoke from the school's hallways before students and staff members were allowed back in.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe