Marshfield man warns of potential chimney dangers after house fire

  • Source: WAOW-TV ABC 9-Wausau
  • Published: 11/16/2016 05:29 PM

VIDEO: A Marshfield man is warning homeowners to have their chimneys cleaned and inspected regularly, after his own may be to blame for a fire that destroyed his living room. On Saturday night, Kurt Dovenbarger started a fire in his fireplace to help warm up his house. He put his 8 year-old son, Kade, to bed, then he went to sleep shortly afterward. He woke up at 2 a.m. to add another log to the fire, but he heard a cackling noise above his head. A fire had started above the ceiling, where the rafters are in his attic.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe