Two Injured after Motorized Fuel Siphon Catches Fire in Ozaukee Garage

  • Source: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee
  • Published: 11/16/2016 06:37 AM

On Tuesday, November 15 at approximately 10:40 AM the Ozaukee Sheriff’s Office responded to a house on State Highway 33 in the Town of Saukville for the report of a garage fire. When Deputies arrived on scene flames were visible and the garage was fully engulfed. The investigation revealed that the homeowner, identified as 41-year-old Christopher Unger, was using a motorized siphon to remove gas from a boat fuel tank when it ignited. Mr. Unger sustained serious, but non-life threatening, burns on his hands and legs. He was transported to Aurora Medical Center. 14 fire departments responded to the blaze and a Newburg firefighter sustained a heat related injury and was transported to Aurora Medical Center.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe