Sun Prairie apartment complex fire displaces resident, officials say

  • Source: Madison.com-Wisconsin State Journal-Capital Times
  • Published: 10/12/2016 03:21 AM

A fire in the kitchen of a Sun Prairie apartment was quickly put out Tuesday, but displaced one resident, the Sun Prairie Fire Department said. Shortly before 4 p.m., firefighters responded to an apartment complex on South Bird Street after reports of a structure fire, the fire department said. After arriving, firefighters quickly took care of a fire in the kitchen of a first floor unit, while an off-duty firefighter helped the apartment's resident out, according to the fire department. Other occupants evacuated the complex while firefighters ventilated the building, but they were allowed to return after, the fire department said. The blaze resulted in fire damage in the unit's kitchen and smoke damage throughout the apartment, but no cost estimates were available, according to the fire department. No one was injured during the incident, and the American Red Cross was notified about the displaced resident's need for assistance, the fire department said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe