Stove fire damages Janesville home Wednesday

  • Source: Janesville Gazette
  • Published: 10/13/2016 04:56 AM

Groceries left on the kitchen stove are being blamed for a fire that damaged a home at 12 S. Chatham St. on Wednesday. The homeowner, Holly Grams, said she didn't think the stove was on. “I was home, left to take a friend home, and I left some groceries on the stove,” Grams said. Upon return, smoke was billowing out of the windows of the house, Grams said. Collen McAdory and Jarrod Bredeson, who live across the street, saw the fire early on.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe