Mom, 2 children being treated after early morning fire in Beloit

  • Source: WKOW-TV 27 ABC
  • Published: 10/21/2016 03:19 AM

VIDEO: A mother and her two children are being treated for breathing in too much smoke after their home caught fire around midnight Friday. The Beloit Fire Department says police officers reported heavy fire and smoke coming from the back of the building at 622 East Grand Avenue when they got there. The people inside were out because they had been alerted by smoke detectors. Firefighters were able to stop the fire quickly and limit the damage to the apartment where it started. The Beloit Fire Department says there is smoke damage throughout the building. There were no injuries reported, but the mom and her two toddlers inside did inhale a large amount of smoke. They were taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital to be checked out as a precaution.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe