Madison restaurant temporarily evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

  • Source: WMTV-TV NBC 15 Madison
  • Published: 12/04/2017 05:30 PM

VIDEO: Madison Fire Department said a business did the right thing after what could have been a close call with carbon monoxide over the weekend. Crews were called to That BBQ Joint on Williamson Street Saturday close to 5 p.m. after complaints of an “odd smell.” When firefighters arrived, they found a carbon monoxide leak and evacuated the restaurant. According to Madison Fire Department, slight levels of carbon monoxide were found on the main floor; however, in the basement where the business owner said the odd smell was coming from, carbon monoxide levels spiked to 800 parts per million.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe