2 fires in Marshfield stress importance of having smoke detectors

  • Source: WSAW-TV CBS 7 Wausau
  • Published: 12/26/2017 04:46 PM

VIDEO: The Marshfield Fire Department responded to two fires between Christmas Eve and Tuesday morning that share a dangerous connection; neither had smoke detectors. One person was injured in each fire. The person in the apartment fire above Mr G.’s Saloon was initially treated at a local hospital and then transported to Madison for additional care. The person in the Tuesday morning house fire was treated for smoke inhalation and then released. Now, Deputy Chief Troy Weiland with the Marshfield Fire Department is encouraging everyone to make sure they have smoke detectors in their homes.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe