Kiel Fire Department responds to multiple fires, industrial injury

  • Source: Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter
  • Published: 11/25/2017 03:31 PM

The Kiel Fire Department on Friday responded to multiple structure fires and an accident at a construction site. The first incident, a house fire, was called in at 12:35 p.m. on the 1200 block of Dewey Street in Kiel. Witnesses said they saw smoke coming from alongside the residence, and responding firefighters found flames visible extending up to the roof-line. Neighbors attempted to extinguish the flames using garden hoses and fire extinguishers. The fire was contained to the outside of the home and caused approximately $10,000 in damage, according to the fire department. The fire started when decorative wood chips alongside the residence ignited from a discarded cigarette. The residents were not displaced from the fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe