A dryer fire set off sprinklers at a Kenosha apartment complex which led to damage in several units Monday afternoon.
The Kenosha Fire Department was called to Kenosha Commons, 5502 60th St., around 1 p.m.
Battalion Chief Matthew Haerter said the fire was inside a dryer, eventually breaking out and spreading into the laundry room of a second-floor apartment. “Once it did enter the room, it came into contact with a sprinkler head, which set off the apartment’s sprinkler system due to the heat. It suppressed the fire,” Haerter said.
The apartment was filled with smoke from the fire and the action of the sprinkler system extinguishing it.