Flames shoot 50 feet in the air after natural gas line malfunctions in Waupun

  • Source: Fond du Lac Reporter
  • Published: 11/29/2017 11:32 AM

Flames shot as high as 50 feet into the air Wednesday morning after natural gas ignited at a malfunctioning shutoff valve. The Waupun Community Fire Department, with aid from Brandon-Fairwater and Alto Fire Departments, were dispatched to the intersection of State 68 and Ver Hage Road in the town of Trenton at 8:27 a.m. after Alliant Energy called in the fire, according to Waupun Fire Chief B.J. DeMaa. The gas line, which runs along the west side of Ver Hage Road, was being purged by Alliant crews when gas contacted an ignition source and began to burn.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe