Broken toaster causes fire that severely damages home in Oshkosh

  • Source: Oshkosh Northwestern
  • Published: 11/30/2017 04:15 PM

A malfunctioning toaster stuck in the down position caused a kitchen fire that severely damaged a home Thursday on the city's north side. Firefighters responded about 1 p.m. to the home in the 1200 block of Ontario Street, where they found heavy smoke, according to the Oshkosh Fire Department. One person was at home but escaped without any injuries. A smoke detector, installed during the Fire Department's annual Detector Trek, alerted the resident, who alerted an ADVOCAP Meals on Wheels driver, according to the department. The driver then reported the fire to authorities.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe