Sauna fire likely caused by candle, Madison officials say

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel Madison
  • Published: 10/04/2017 08:39 AM

A candle likely caused a sauna on Madison’s near east side to catch fire Tuesday morning, fire officials said. Crews were called around 9:50 a.m. to the 200 block of Merry Street for reports of a fire inside a backyard sauna, according to a release. Firefighters could see brown smoke coming from the eaves and around the door of the structure, officials said. Firefighters put the fire out with water and foam. A majority of the heat damage occurred in the front half of the sauna, where users enter it, according to the release.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe