Battalion Chief Dave Kolz with the Green Bay Metro Fire Department says a house fire claimed the life of a pet dog on Tuesday. Units were dispatched to the fire on the 1100 block of Reber Street just after 11:00AM. There, they found the home full of smoke and an active fire in the front living room of the residence. Crews were able to gain quick access to the home and extinguish the fire. A report says only the dog was inside the home at the time. The fire remains under investigation by the Fire Marshal's Office.