Nobody injured in Covance Lab fire, Madison Fire Department says

  • Source: Madison
  • Published: 10/30/2017 08:20 PM

A fire in a laboratory hood system brought Madison firefighters and the hazardous materials team to a North Side company Sunday evening, with nobody injured in the blaze. The fire was reported at about 6:35 p.m. at Covance Laboratories, 3301 Kinsman Boulevard, the Madison Fire Department said. "It is believed a spark from within a work station ignited some flammable chemicals, causing a chain reaction that results in a fire large enough to trigger the lab's automatic fire sprinkler system," said MFD spokeswoman Cynthia Schuster. A security guard also used a fire extinguisher on the fire, which was extinguished before firefighters arrived.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe