Woman, children escape dangerous carbon monoxide levels in Rice Lake home

  • Source: Rice Lake Chronotype
  • Published: 10/30/2017 03:31 PM

A woman and four children were very fortunate to escape carbon monoxide poisoning in the woman’s Rice Lake home over the weekend, according to Lt. Doug Ripplinger of the Rice Lake Fire Department. The Fire Department responded Sunday just after 9:30 a.m. to 1025 Linden Avenue for a carbon monoxide call after a Barron County sheriff’s dispatcher took a call from the homeowner, Cheryl Grove, reporting that one of the children, a 4-year-old boy, was feeling dizzy and vomiting. When Grove called, she and the children ages 2 to 7 had left the house that was undergoing remodeling at 1025 Linden Ave. after they woke up that morning. The children were transported to the hospital, where they were treated and released.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe