Nobody injured in Downtown Madison apartment fire, officials say

  • Source: Madison
  • Published: 02/07/2018 07:13 PM

A fire caused by a package of cookies on top of a stove forced the evacuation of a Downtown apartment building Wednesday morning. Nobody was hurt in the incident. The fire was reported at about 6:40 a.m. at the Highlander Apartments, 121 W. Gilman St., the Madison Fire Department said. Arriving firefighters heard the alarm and a recorded message with the alarm telling residents to evacuate. "While many people did evacuate, there were still a few who did not heed the warnings of the automated alarm system," said fire department spokeswoman Cynthia Schuster.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe